EDIT ON 9/22/18: UGH, I FAILED SO HARD AT MAKING MY LETTER. EXTRA GIFTED AND ROSEANNE INFO
Ao3 profile: iwasanartist
My favorite theme can (mostly) be summed up in two words this year: Daddy issues. As in, the bad/absent/surrogate variety, not the kinky kind.
DNW: BDSM. Incest. Readerfic. First-Person throughout. Bestiality. An abundance of dirty talk.
On to the prompts!
AGENTS OF SHIELD (Treats/Tricks)
COULSON, DAISY: Daisy isn't ready to let Coulson go. And it breaks Coulson's heart to see her sad, even though he knows he's made the right choice. (Nonromantic, please)
DEKE, JEMMA: When they're not busy trying to save the world, Deke's a little disappointed that Fitz doesn't seem to like him. Fortunately, Jemma does. Could be set before or after one or both of them know the truth about their relationship.
FULLER HOUSE
JACKSON, DANNY: Jackson belatedly breaks down after realizing all the father/son teenage milestones he won't get to have with his dad and winds up at Grandpa Danny's. Maybe he kind of sort of started by running away, when he ran into Steve, who was wholly unprepared to deal with that and nudged him to Danny, the man who's always had all the answers for his whole life. (I didn't request Steve, because I'm really more into Jackson and Danny's relationship -- and maybe how Danny felt about Jackson's dad -- and didn't want Steve offerers to feel put out.)
One thing I DON'T WANT though, is for Jackson to melt down in front of a crowd, even if it's a crowd of the most loving people the world has known. I'm all about the 1-on-1 angsting. I'm also still way back on season two, if that helps with context stuff, so try to keep to the season 1, early 2 time period.
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE
REED, J. HAYES: Reed and Hayes took the first steps to finding common ground after their fight in Harbinger, I think. But then they stepped back, stepped forward a little bit, and then Hayes died. I would like to see better progression for them. Whether it’s in grudging respect or the beginnings of a friendship (friends with benefits? Maybe.) (Treat or Trick if you want Hayes to end as Hayes ended)
STAR TREK: TNG
WESLEY CRUSHER, NICHOLAS LOCARNO, JOSHUA ALBERT: I might be in the minority, but I like Wesley and I really loved the episode where his flight squad is in an accident and Joshua Albert dies, and Enterprise figures out that they were trying a banned maneuver. I love it, and even though we never saw him, I shipped Wesley/Josh pretty instantly. But really? I want you to break Wesley. I want him to despair, and be full of memories of Josh he can’t bring himself to share. I want Locarno to be the charmingly evil bastard who intimidates him with violence as well as the words we saw on screen. I want Picard’s Pet Wesley to be shunned when classes resume and the resulting depression and angst from all of that to be what leads him away from Starfleet, not some random “I realized I was only there because of my dad!” nonsense. Just destroy Wesley Crusher. Lift him back up if you want to. (Trick the fuck out of this one)
MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
PETER, FLASH, NED: Forced to work together on a class project, Peter uses Tony as an excuse to try to cut out early and Flash calls him out asking what it's like to be the sugar baby to a pervy old man, which sends Peter off the handle because "Mr. Stark's not like that!" Fortunately, Ned's there to help him keep his cool and not, like, web Flash to the ceiling by his ankles or anything.
DNW: Actual Peter/Tony
THE GIFTED
ANDY, MARCOS: Andy made a huge mistake. The Hellfire Club has used and abused him, and now that he's managed to escape and find The Mutant Underground again, they don't trust him. Even his own family is distant. Except for Marcos. Marcos trusts him, because Andy stole his daughter away brought her home to him. (Also, I headcanon her name as Erica, but you do you, Writer)
I kind of ship Andy (aged up a bit)/Marcos, with the idea that they grow closer via the daughter that Andy was left to care for while Lorna and everyone else was off being evil, so if you want to go treat-ish, I wouldn't mind seeing things bloom between them. If you want to go tricky, they can bond over Marcos knowing what it's like to be in with bad people. Edited to add: I also really fucking like the idea of this being set a few years in the future and the Hellfire Club basically using Andy as a stud for Lorna (maybe manipulatin him into believing she loves him) because they think a Legacy baby that's Magneto's grandchild and Fenris's great grandchild would be the most powerful mutant baby of all. Only, when he escapes, he can only take one kid and chooses Erica because it's easier being on the run with a kid than a baby.
I know these are big ideas, but really just drop me in a scene anywhere that strikes your fancy and A/N some context and I'll be pleased as punch.
SAVED BY THE BELL
ZACK, BELDING: Mr. Belding runs into Zack outside of school and can tell something’s wrong. He never would have guessed Zack Morris had a really bad homelife or real problems of any sort, but the proof is staring him in the face, failing to hide behind a cocky grin. I'm pretty open to any sort of problem outside of sexual abuse. I do have a soft spot for deep-in-the-closet Zack, with his general attitude and behavior toward women being severe overcompensation to keep it hidden. Maybe Bad Daddy Morris found out, kicked him out, and Zack's been sneaking around stealthily homeless for a little while. But I DNW Zack/Belding.
ROSEANNE
Note: I would prefer Roseanne not be dead in these. Not because I care about that character, but because I don't want the divided focus or the "extra" relatability.
DJ, BECKY: DJ’s wife dies while deployed. In a haze, he goes to the one person who might be able to relate.
DJ, DAN, JACKIE: DJ is struggling with civilian life and goes to Dan or Jackie. I guess the series had a pretty shitty episode about this topic, but I missed it before it got canceled and all the episodes disappeared.
MACGYVER
MAC, JACK: I want fake-relationship so bad, and what better vehicle for fake relationship than an undercover stakeout (Stakeout II, also a great, underrated movie, btw). Funny thing, is I think Jack would be cool with it and very self aware of the myriad ways they already act like an old married couple and Mac being a little more hesitant. (Not for being homophobic or anything, but just...it's JACK.)
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
XANDER, GILES: Giles is forced to reassess his opinion of Xander when he finds the boy asleep in the library on a pile of open books, because he can't fail another class and was studying all night. Yep. This fandom around it's Bad Daddy Harris, who we know is mean and abusive, and we can infer doesn't think much of Xander. Really, feel free to run Xander through the ringer on this one, feeling like he's worthless at home and not really all that helpful to the Scoobies, but at least he can pass a class, damn it (if he studies really really hard, all the time, maybe). And I really like the idea that Xander doesn't expect anything from Giles. Especially in those early seasons where it seemed more like Giles just tolerated him for Buffy's sake. But no Xander/Giles, please.
Ao3 profile: iwasanartist
My favorite theme can (mostly) be summed up in two words this year: Daddy issues. As in, the bad/absent/surrogate variety, not the kinky kind.
DNW: BDSM. Incest. Readerfic. First-Person throughout. Bestiality. An abundance of dirty talk.
On to the prompts!
AGENTS OF SHIELD (Treats/Tricks)
COULSON, DAISY: Daisy isn't ready to let Coulson go. And it breaks Coulson's heart to see her sad, even though he knows he's made the right choice. (Nonromantic, please)
DEKE, JEMMA: When they're not busy trying to save the world, Deke's a little disappointed that Fitz doesn't seem to like him. Fortunately, Jemma does. Could be set before or after one or both of them know the truth about their relationship.
FULLER HOUSE
JACKSON, DANNY: Jackson belatedly breaks down after realizing all the father/son teenage milestones he won't get to have with his dad and winds up at Grandpa Danny's. Maybe he kind of sort of started by running away, when he ran into Steve, who was wholly unprepared to deal with that and nudged him to Danny, the man who's always had all the answers for his whole life. (I didn't request Steve, because I'm really more into Jackson and Danny's relationship -- and maybe how Danny felt about Jackson's dad -- and didn't want Steve offerers to feel put out.)
One thing I DON'T WANT though, is for Jackson to melt down in front of a crowd, even if it's a crowd of the most loving people the world has known. I'm all about the 1-on-1 angsting. I'm also still way back on season two, if that helps with context stuff, so try to keep to the season 1, early 2 time period.
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE
REED, J. HAYES: Reed and Hayes took the first steps to finding common ground after their fight in Harbinger, I think. But then they stepped back, stepped forward a little bit, and then Hayes died. I would like to see better progression for them. Whether it’s in grudging respect or the beginnings of a friendship (friends with benefits? Maybe.) (Treat or Trick if you want Hayes to end as Hayes ended)
STAR TREK: TNG
WESLEY CRUSHER, NICHOLAS LOCARNO, JOSHUA ALBERT: I might be in the minority, but I like Wesley and I really loved the episode where his flight squad is in an accident and Joshua Albert dies, and Enterprise figures out that they were trying a banned maneuver. I love it, and even though we never saw him, I shipped Wesley/Josh pretty instantly. But really? I want you to break Wesley. I want him to despair, and be full of memories of Josh he can’t bring himself to share. I want Locarno to be the charmingly evil bastard who intimidates him with violence as well as the words we saw on screen. I want Picard’s Pet Wesley to be shunned when classes resume and the resulting depression and angst from all of that to be what leads him away from Starfleet, not some random “I realized I was only there because of my dad!” nonsense. Just destroy Wesley Crusher. Lift him back up if you want to. (Trick the fuck out of this one)
MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
PETER, FLASH, NED: Forced to work together on a class project, Peter uses Tony as an excuse to try to cut out early and Flash calls him out asking what it's like to be the sugar baby to a pervy old man, which sends Peter off the handle because "Mr. Stark's not like that!" Fortunately, Ned's there to help him keep his cool and not, like, web Flash to the ceiling by his ankles or anything.
DNW: Actual Peter/Tony
THE GIFTED
ANDY, MARCOS: Andy made a huge mistake. The Hellfire Club has used and abused him, and now that he's managed to escape and find The Mutant Underground again, they don't trust him. Even his own family is distant. Except for Marcos. Marcos trusts him, because Andy stole his daughter away brought her home to him. (Also, I headcanon her name as Erica, but you do you, Writer)
I kind of ship Andy (aged up a bit)/Marcos, with the idea that they grow closer via the daughter that Andy was left to care for while Lorna and everyone else was off being evil, so if you want to go treat-ish, I wouldn't mind seeing things bloom between them. If you want to go tricky, they can bond over Marcos knowing what it's like to be in with bad people. Edited to add: I also really fucking like the idea of this being set a few years in the future and the Hellfire Club basically using Andy as a stud for Lorna (maybe manipulatin him into believing she loves him) because they think a Legacy baby that's Magneto's grandchild and Fenris's great grandchild would be the most powerful mutant baby of all. Only, when he escapes, he can only take one kid and chooses Erica because it's easier being on the run with a kid than a baby.
I know these are big ideas, but really just drop me in a scene anywhere that strikes your fancy and A/N some context and I'll be pleased as punch.
SAVED BY THE BELL
ZACK, BELDING: Mr. Belding runs into Zack outside of school and can tell something’s wrong. He never would have guessed Zack Morris had a really bad homelife or real problems of any sort, but the proof is staring him in the face, failing to hide behind a cocky grin. I'm pretty open to any sort of problem outside of sexual abuse. I do have a soft spot for deep-in-the-closet Zack, with his general attitude and behavior toward women being severe overcompensation to keep it hidden. Maybe Bad Daddy Morris found out, kicked him out, and Zack's been sneaking around stealthily homeless for a little while. But I DNW Zack/Belding.
ROSEANNE
Note: I would prefer Roseanne not be dead in these. Not because I care about that character, but because I don't want the divided focus or the "extra" relatability.
DJ, BECKY: DJ’s wife dies while deployed. In a haze, he goes to the one person who might be able to relate.
DJ, DAN, JACKIE: DJ is struggling with civilian life and goes to Dan or Jackie. I guess the series had a pretty shitty episode about this topic, but I missed it before it got canceled and all the episodes disappeared.
MACGYVER
MAC, JACK: I want fake-relationship so bad, and what better vehicle for fake relationship than an undercover stakeout (Stakeout II, also a great, underrated movie, btw). Funny thing, is I think Jack would be cool with it and very self aware of the myriad ways they already act like an old married couple and Mac being a little more hesitant. (Not for being homophobic or anything, but just...it's JACK.)
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
XANDER, GILES: Giles is forced to reassess his opinion of Xander when he finds the boy asleep in the library on a pile of open books, because he can't fail another class and was studying all night. Yep. This fandom around it's Bad Daddy Harris, who we know is mean and abusive, and we can infer doesn't think much of Xander. Really, feel free to run Xander through the ringer on this one, feeling like he's worthless at home and not really all that helpful to the Scoobies, but at least he can pass a class, damn it (if he studies really really hard, all the time, maybe). And I really like the idea that Xander doesn't expect anything from Giles. Especially in those early seasons where it seemed more like Giles just tolerated him for Buffy's sake. But no Xander/Giles, please.