Dear Chocolatier and/or treaters:
Hello! Thank you for writing for me! I don't know what fandom brought us together, but I hope I've provided plenty of helpful information. In this letter, you'll find general likes and dislikes as well as prompts that start with a basic description followed by some extra, optional details for each pairing. Some of my prompts might be quite long or cover a lot of ground, but you won't disappoint me in the slightest if you want to pull out a nugget from one of them to focus on. And length isn't an indicator of desire at all, so don't worry about choosing one of the smaller ones.And if you're not into any of them and want to run with something based on the general likes, that's truly and wonderfully great too!
As far as dislikes go, consider most of them to have an "unless otherwise noted" attached to them. Medium-wise, I only requested art for one fandom, but I will happily accept art treats in the others.
Happy writing!
Table of Contents
Likes
Dislikes
Crossover Fandoms
DC's Arrowverse
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
Star Trek: The Next Generation
[X] Has Fallen (movies)
LIKES
Being emotionally overwhelmed: This can look like a variety of things. A silent shutdown. An explosive outburst. An uncharacteristic(?) need for physical contact. Tears, with the note that somewhere between the single man tear and full-on hiccupping sobs is optimal. Basically anything that shows a character has Reached. Their. Limit.
Cooking/Sharing a meal
Day dreams/fantasies and sex dreams: Particularly if they feature an unexpected person.
Developing attraction
Dubcon: Of the sex pollen, drunken and strategic makeout variety. Nothing that's going to leave anyone devastated
Frottage, dry humping and frantic need: Perfect for those situations where sexual tension can't be denied anymore and "You/we didn't die!" moments.
Grief/mourning and loss
Handjobs
Hurt/comfort (emotional or physical)
Intimate touches: Can be sexual or romantic, but certainly doesn't have to be. Can be a gesture between two people both aware or from one person directed at somebody who is for some reason unconscious (definitely not sexual in this instance).
Kissing: First kisses, lazy kisses, hungry kisses. Kisses on the lips, neck, ears, everywhere, I just love kisses.
Learning new things about other people: Maybe it's a skill or an interest that the other person doesn't normally broadcast, a bit of history no one else knows, or maybe somehow a front row seat to someone's inner thoughts/feelings has been acquired (preferably through means that could exist in the canon, not "this is just how the world is in this fic!").
Light bondage: I'm down with hands being tied or cuffed to a bed or being tied to a chair, but I don't need detailed knots and ropes every which way. And the turn on of bondage has less to do with the actual tying up or the sensation of the ropes and more to do with trust and mobility and the light frustration of being reliant 100 percent on someone else for an orgasm.
Memories and in media res
New relationships
Oral sex
Running hands through hair
Saving/looking out for each other
Shoulder/neck rubs: Another that can be sexual/romantic, but doesn't have to be.
Switching perspectives between scenes: Not a request but it won't bother me if you do this.
Teamwork
Touch-starved: I'm not a fan of someone violently recoiling from a touch, but I love the idea of a character who maybe didn't even really realize they were missing anything until they get a little honest affection that might not even seem like much to the person giving it. But for the person receiving it, it's like finally having air when they've been breathing through a straw, and they just melt into it. Also, when I was very young, I might have imprinted hard on this scene from Powder that I could only find dubbed today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXS1nDtuvnA
DISLIKES/DNWs
A/B/O
Bodily functions: Of the bathroom variety.
BDSM
"The Care and Feeding of-": I really hate this idea that characters can't take care of themselves and need reminded to eat and dragged off to bed for sleep or they have a cold, so now must be spoonfed their chicken soup. Bring someone a sandwich, sure. Stand there and admonish them until they eat it? Please, no.
"[Character] is a little shit" tag: Even if it is an accurate and in-character summation, something about that tag to describe it grinds my gears and negatively colors anything it touches. Please don't use it.
Comforting back rubs/"circles": For comfort while distraught, I much prefer a steady hand or a hug or something.
Coming out to a group: Totally on board with one-on-one, maybe two, just not "we've gathered the team/crew/class/family together for an announcement!"
D/s dynamics
Degradation
Detailed descriptions of anal prep
Different reality AUs: Canon divergent is fine, as most of the prompts will imply.
Established noncanon relationships: Getting there is half the fun. But I'll also make exceptions for stories that start with the relationship in progress but refer back to how it began.
First-person POV throughout
Hiding illness or injury: Not realizing they're sick/hurt or the severity of it is fine.
Jealousy
Misunderstandings: Particularly of the "A&B have been dancing around feelings for a while, but then A saw an out of context moment between B and someone else, misunderstood it and is now going to be all angsty and pissy about it." variety.
Public humiliation/embarrassment
Incest
Readerfic
Sexual violence
Sobbing breakdowns: I'm into angsty breakdowns and even some tears, but not wailing, hiccuping, snot everywhere breakdowns UNLESS the character in question is a child.
Smutty art: Sexual energy and making out is fine (for appropriate prompts) but keep everyone more or less clothed and not midfuck, please
Spanking/whipping/slapping/etc.
Spitting
Very verbal sex/excessive consent checks: Really, I don't care for a lot of dialogue at all during love scenes. Not to say you have to be all "Here is a sex scene and no words shall pass these characters' lips!" about it, but I just don't enjoy explanations of what's going to be done or what someone wants to do to the other, or is it OK to do XYZ.
FANDOMS/PROMPTS
CROSSOVER FANDOMS (Fic)
A Steve Harrington note: All my Steve H. (Stranger Things) pairings are with It (2017) and operate under the idea that after Hawkins, Steve decided to be a teacher/coach and wound up in Maine and is in his first year of teaching in Derry in 1989. Also, can we just pretend like Mike Wheeler and Richie Tozier aren't little doppelgangers?
Pairing: Steve Harrington (Stranger Things) & Eddie Kaspbrak (It-Muschietti)
Gym class: You know how sometimes a person might *want* to do something, but they're uncertain about it or self-conscious (or afraid) so it looks like they're not really trying? I kind of think that's how Eddie would be about gym class. From a health and wellness perspective, he knows physical activity is good for him and maybe he kind of even doesn't hate some of the sports and games they play, but between asthma and his mom and his bullies he never really blossoms. And then comes Steve Harrington, who sees through everything, and like he knows he'll never turn Eddie Kaspbrak into a star athlete, but if he can give the kid a little more confidence to get through class and life, he's going to take an interest.
Pairing: Steve Harrington (Stranger Things) & The Losers Club (It-Muschietti)
Derry's only good adult?: I still want Steve to be the gym teacher reaching out to Eddie and encouraging Ben to try a sport. I want him to be the guy who's there for Bill because he became friends with Jonathan and realized just how it felt for him when Will was missing. I want him to be a little annoyed by Richie and protective of Bev and interested in who that home-school kid they all hang out with is, because he's noticed the seven of them have a bond that's different from other cliques but still feels eerily familiar. I want him to have no patience for the Bowers gang.
And mostly I want to know just what tool he flips around from hand to hand before bashing a Pennywise projection in the head, tossing his Losers into the van he bought on the cheap and running the fuck away from wherever they are that Pennywise is and how he reacts to learning about all this Derry bullshit.
Pairing: Steve Harrington (Stranger Things) & Pennywise (It-Muschietti)
Seeing the monster: Maybe it's got something to do with everything he saw in Hawkins. Maybe it's something else, but for whatever reason, Steve can see Pennywise and the things it does. What does he see? What does Pennywise think of this random grown-up who can see him, when he's been exclusively the terror of the pre-teen sect for centuries?
Pairing: Steve Rogers (MCU) & Johnny & Sue Storm (Fantastic Four 2005-2007)
Family relations: So, I'm kind of hung up on this idea that Bucky, thinking he's doing a good thing, secretly pays for Steve's first time and then pays for her to go away when she gets pregnant. But regardless of how she came into or left Steve's life, they obviously weren't together by the beginning Captain America but here we are sometime in the 21st century and now he's got two young adult great-grandkids who happen to have super powers knocking on his door. I want to explore THAT idea, with Steve probably being devastated about the family he didn't know he'd left behind but also happy to have those ties, and Johnny just being pissed because by now Steve's been awake for years and he didn't think to look for anybody? (And maybe it also took the Storms some time to put the pieces together). Sue just wants to mediate and get to know her great-grandfather and introduce him to Reed, but I also like the idea that the impetus for them being there is that she's sick and they think some combination of the serum and their shared DNA will help find a cure.
DC'S ARROWVERSE (Fic)
Pairing: Oliver Queen & Quentin Lance (Arrowverse)
Hurt/Comfort: I really love the way Oliver and Quentin grew over the course of the series. They started in such a bad place but ended in such a good one, and I really just want something from the more positive years with Quentin helping Oliver through a bad time. Physically or emotionally. Maybe he's been really hurt and can't get to a hospital. Maybe it's Moira's birthday and her loss is hitting him hard this year. Maybe it's those early struggles with William. Could be anything really, but I prefer just the two of them and to not have drunkenness be a factor.
Pairing: Ralph Dibney/Caitlin Snow (Arrowverse)
Pining: I am totally here for Ralph pining for Caitlin, even though he totally blew off what might have maybe potentially been a kiss one time. Maybe he was just protecting himself! But he was just so invested in helping her get Frost back and they spent so much time together and I just want it to mean more.
Pairing: Ralph Dibney/Caitlin Snow & Killer Frost (Arrowverse)
WingFrosty: I also really like the idea that Ralph wants to be with Caitlin and he wants to be besties with Frost. And I really like the idea of her picking up on Ralph's feelings (maybe even before Ralph!), and making it her mission to help him. And while this might normally fall under something a little too dubconny for Caitlin's body to me (and maybe only just *barely* fits the tag), I kind of like the idea that Ralph is surprisingly nervous about being physical with Caitlin (probably after he's made a move and they've decided to go on a date or two) and Frost talks him into some "we're friends and this means nothing" practice with pointers.
MCU (Fic)
Pairing: Nebula & Tony Stark
Time on Earth: One of the most disappointing things about Endgame to me was that we got those amazing spaceship moments between Tony and Nebula and then ... nothing once they're on Earth. And the only way I can reconcile what looks an awful lot like him abandoning her is if she's the one who gives him the nudge/"permission" to leave and go find happiness wherever and however he can with Pepper. Maybe explore that. Or him introducing her to what's left of the world. Or their reunion as they all come back to plan the time heist.
Pairing: Peggy Carter & Steve Rogers
Young & Old: I feel like 21st Century Steve will always love Peggy to the moon but by the time he's unfrozen and she's geriatric their romance would shift to a deep, loving friendship . What do they talk about in her lucid periods? What's it like for either of them when she suddenly thinks she's seeing him again for the first time after all these years (which may or may not be the complete distance between 1945 and 2014 in her head)?
Pairing: Steve Rogers/Natasha Romanov
Note: The & prompt could also be taken into / territory if desired.
Endgame's 5-year gap: I kind of see them being largely alone together at the compound, maybe a little sad and a lot lonely and kind of jaded until one night they just explode with a scorching hot desk/counter/table-clearing release of sexual tension. Maybe Steve comes to his senses before it progresses too far but they kind of talk themselves into a friends with benefits situation. And when they make it to the bedroom it's a much slower, tender experience for their first time together. Bonus points if Nat - who once asked if their Winter Soldier kiss was his first since 1945 - is rendered utterly speechless as he eats her out like a champ.
But I also like the idea that they're not endgame (if you'll pardon that pun). Maybe what starts out as finding comfort with each other in this fucked up new world becomes something that holds both of them back as Nat can't let go of trying to hold the universe together and Steve wants to try to move on (not that he ever really can, but he wants to try) and so they get more physically distant and eventually stop sleeping together, but by then their emotional bond has grown to something greater than anyone expected.
Pairing: Steve Rogers & Natasha Romanov
Undercover/Fake relationship: For SHIELD spy reasons they have to go undercover in the suburbs (maybe part of Steve's cover is that he's always mistaken for Cap or maybe it doesn't matter at all) and along the way they learn unexpected things/vulnerabilities/insecurities/cliches or have living-together shenanigans of your choice.
Pairing: Steve Rogers/OMC
First 21st century romance: In Winter Soldier, Steve tells Nat "That was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm old, not dead," and I've wanted to know more about that kiss ever since. I'd really like Steve to just have a completely unexpected normal meet-cute with someone who doesn't have anything to do with the superhero/SHIELD business. Someone who helps ease his transition into the new world. Maybe he's who suggests Steve's list. Pretty free rein on this character -- he could be anybody in their 20s in New York or DC. A young veteran. A creative type grinding out a living. A law student. A veterinarian. An activist or social worker, IDK. Just somebody Steve can be happy with in an inconspicuous relationship before they both realize they want incompatible things in life and neither wants to hold the other back so they amicably split in time for Steve to be awkwardly single in Cap 2. Just, be gentle and caring with a Steve who may privately still be in a dark place after waking up in the 21st century without anything or anyone from his old life. This can be pre-Avengers, but I also like the idea of it being post-Avengers, with the added layer of drama where he's got these new friends who he's getting closer to, but when it comes to sexuality and all that 70-years-later loss, he's still very guarded (and very good at keeping his secrets).
Pairing: Steve Rogers & Sam Wilson
21st century life support: If I had my wish, I'd stretch the timeline between Steve and Sam meeting and all the HydraSHIELD stuff out by several months. Because I really like the idea of them becoming friends. Maybe they go from people who work out at the same time to workout buddies to reccers of music and movies. I also like the idea of Steve going to some of Sam's veteran support groups and they kind of learn that even though their wars are separated by 50/60/70 years, a lot of the demons are the same.
Pairing: Steve Rogers/Tony Stark
Pairing specific preference: Should penetrative sex be an element, I'm absolutely here for switching, but if there's only one go-round, I generally prefer Top Steve/Bottom Tony. (Steve can give all the blowjobs he wants, though.)
Fake out/make out: On some sort of mission that needs something a little more subtle than a red and gold suit of armor and giant spangly shield and cowl, Steve & Tony are infiltrating some event in, let's say France, to steal a macguffin but doing it very badly. Cornered in an office or something, Steve can hear security approaching, and his solution is just to push Tony against a wall, turn off comms and give him a half second's warning before going all in on making out and being handsy. And when security busts in, he never really stops being flirty, he just inconspicuously blocks the more recognizable Tony from view while talking with them in *perfect* French about how they haven't seen or heard anything, he's just been here with his shy American friend. And if you really want to blow Tony's mind, his shy American friend who isn't paying for an audience.(NOTE: I only speak English, so italics to designate another language or the actual language with footnote translations are fine.) If this doesn't work, maybe they're resigned to having a fight when backup in the form of stealthy Clint and Nat arrive to take out the guards. But if it works, maybe between the accent, the language and the really good kissing, it left Tony hard and it takes a minute before they can leave and then they're BOTH apologetic to each other about the things they couldn't help doing. But regardless they go back home and everything's fine except...
Subconscious attraction: Something dramatic has happened in the field and all of a sudden Tony can't stop thinking about Steve. He's not actively trying to, he's just got no power over these shower fantasies and dreams that have taken a decidedly pro-'America' stance, and it's starting to affect the way he looks at Steve in real life.
Light bondage/Kink experimentation: This is one of those cases where I'm generally not into established relationships, but I'll make an exception for a new relationship that makes note of its newness in the narrative. Maybe Tony flat out kinks on being restrained but Steve is hesitant about having so much power over him until he realizes just how good he is at getting Tony off and likes that feeling. Maybe Steve likes the challenge of being restrained and trying not to break free while Tony works him over. DNW EXCEPTIONS: While I still don't want spanking/whips/etc., I'm kind of warming up to a headcanon that the serum leaves Steve just a little bit numb and maybe something that starts as an accident one time later turns into experimenting with pain just to feel more. Rope burns, bites, choking breathplay, shallow cutting, rough bottoming. You could also substitute breathplay - or arc reactor play - for bondage as a kink that Tony's into having done and Steve is very reluctant about.
Pairing: Steve Rogers & Tony Stark
Pairing specific note: Some of these *could* also slot into developing Steve/Tony
"I can relate": 2012 Steve is morose about not fitting in with the world; Tony can relate from childhood/early college experiences.
Bad mission/injuries: They (duo or the team) barely escape a mission built on bad intel. From there I could see it going one of two ways: 1. Steve is PISSED and reading SHIELD brass the riot act over comms and it's only when blood starts to spit out onto the controls that they realize how badly he's hurt. After patching him up, Tony watches over Steve while he rests, particularly angsty if Steve got hurt for him. 2. They make it to the jet and Tony hurries to the flight controls to get them out of there. Steve follows behind slowly and once they're in the air says Tony's name once before collapsing, leaving just Tony to both get to a safe space and tend to Steve's wounds as he bleeds out all over the deck.
Haunted pasts: Maybe tower fic where Steve's having nightmares about losing Bucky (or Howard or Peggy, because nightmares don't have to be trufax) or drowning/freezing and Tony is certainly qualified to understand traumatic experiences and offer comfort when they find each other roaming the halls or visiting the kitchen. (Also, I kind of headcanon that Steve HATES the cold and it takes Tony a ridiculously long time and who knows how many Capsicle jokes for Tony to twig to why. Not that Steve's bothered by Tony's jokes, because he's not that delicate of a flower, but still.)
SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDERVERSE (Fic or Art)
A note on art: I'd be happy with any art inspired by any of these prompts, though I only have art-specific semi-useful suggestions for one.I'm not picky on style.
Pairing: Miles Morales & Peter Parker (SM: ItSV)
Training the Spider-Kid: Not gonna lie, I spent a chunk of this movie disappointed that Miles wouldn't get to learn from a very eager to teach Peter. I came around to Peter B., but I still lament what could have been. So, let's explore that in a canon divergence. What's it like for Peter to meet someone who's like him? What are his fears for Miles? Peter has to have a unique perspective when it comes to swinging into danger at such a young age, so I don't think he'd be all "protect the baby!" about Miles, but there has to be some mistakes he'd like to help him avoid.
Pairing: Miles Morales & Peter Parker & Mary Jane Watson (SM: ItSV)
Family life: As Miles gets closer to Peter and MJ, how does he affect their view on starting a family of their own?
Pairing: Miles Morales & Jefferson Davis & Rio Morales (SM: ItSV)
Parental interest: Continuiing from the above, learning to be a Spider-Man should probably take a little more time than it took in the movie, does the time he spends with Peter and MJ have any affect on his home life? Or ignoring the above, what if Miles' new behavior has not gone unnoticed even if his parents can't pin down the Spider-ness.
Pairing: Miles Morales & Spider-Man Noir (SM: ItSV):
Contrast: I was struck by Miles' graffiti and just how colorful it was, especially in contrast to Noir's world of grays. Also, when you factor in that Noir seemed like an older Spider-Man and Miles is one of the youngest, it's just one more way that they're contrasted. Yet, despite that, for fic I really want to see them relate in some way. Something that plays with that idea for art would be nice. The only sort-of idea I had was maybe Miles hands Noir his Rubik's Cube and as he does so, the color just starts to bleed into Noir (or vice versa with Noir's grays bleeding into Miles).I'm not married to that, though. It's just an idea.
STAR TREK TNG (Fic)
Pairing: Joshua Albert/Wesley Crusher
Young love and tragedy: Wes/Josh is such a weird pairing for me, because we never meet Joshua Albert. He's just a member of Wesley's flight squad who's killed when their squad leader convinces them to try a banned maneuver and Wesley's super sad about it (5.19 First Duty). But Wesley is SO sad and even has a sweater of Josh's to return to his mother that I can't help but think they had a little secret romance that no one else knew about and now Wesley is brokenhearted. I'd really just like to see anything about their relationship, whether it's pre-episode or after Josh's death.
Pairing: Wesley Crusher & William Riker
Fighting over the future: So, I really didn't care for the whole "Wesley's a traveler who never really wanted to be in Starfleet, he just thought he should because Daddy Issues" plot thread (7.20 Journey's End). But, continuing from First Duty's consequences of having to repeat a year at the academy, what if he's miserable? Bored. Ostracized by his classmates. Unable to crawl out from under his guilt and his grief and becoming disillusioned with Starfleet. And when he seeks guidance, Riker encourages him to stick it out. He made his bed and once he's done lying in it for a little bit, things will get better. But Wesley doesn't believe it. He doesn't want it anymore. And when he quits, Riker is pissed, because the whole Enterprise crew invested so much into Wesley and how dare he waste their time. I think Riker would eventually come around, because he's not a bad man, but first there would be DRAMA.
[X] HAS FALLEN MOVIES (Fic)
Note: All the prompts kind of fit together because the long story short is I friendship Mike Banning & Ben Asher with a generous side of "used to bang" and "we're all family forever" for dessert.
Pairing: Benjamin Asher/Mike Banning
College years: That very not funny "I was wondering when you were going to come out of the closet" joke in London Has Fallen just makes me want prequel fic where Mike/Ben were maybe not necessarily in love but they were definitely in a BFWB situation in college before Ben met his future wife and started leaning toward his political career and then they just became BFFS 4 LYFE (minus that one little hiccup mid Olympus Has Fallen).
Comfort amid grief: Shortly after Olympus when Mike is retaking his place with the Ashers, almost losing Connor opens up all Ben's grief about Maggie but this time he's clearheaded enough to not blame Mike for it and in a moment of sorrow he finds comfort again with Mike (totally with Mike's wife's blessing because she's awesome and in no way does she want to get in between the Ben and Mike train).
Pairing: Benjamin Asher & Mike Banning
Wingman: Pre- and post-London Has Fallen stories where Mike is trying very hard to get Ben to think about dating again -- and not limiting himself to politically safe women. Maybe it's as his last term is winding down.
Hello! Thank you for writing for me! I don't know what fandom brought us together, but I hope I've provided plenty of helpful information. In this letter, you'll find general likes and dislikes as well as prompts that start with a basic description followed by some extra, optional details for each pairing. Some of my prompts might be quite long or cover a lot of ground, but you won't disappoint me in the slightest if you want to pull out a nugget from one of them to focus on. And length isn't an indicator of desire at all, so don't worry about choosing one of the smaller ones.And if you're not into any of them and want to run with something based on the general likes, that's truly and wonderfully great too!
As far as dislikes go, consider most of them to have an "unless otherwise noted" attached to them. Medium-wise, I only requested art for one fandom, but I will happily accept art treats in the others.
Happy writing!
Table of Contents
Likes
Dislikes
Crossover Fandoms
DC's Arrowverse
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
Star Trek: The Next Generation
[X] Has Fallen (movies)
Being emotionally overwhelmed: This can look like a variety of things. A silent shutdown. An explosive outburst. An uncharacteristic(?) need for physical contact. Tears, with the note that somewhere between the single man tear and full-on hiccupping sobs is optimal. Basically anything that shows a character has Reached. Their. Limit.
Cooking/Sharing a meal
Day dreams/fantasies and sex dreams: Particularly if they feature an unexpected person.
Developing attraction
Dubcon: Of the sex pollen, drunken and strategic makeout variety. Nothing that's going to leave anyone devastated
Frottage, dry humping and frantic need: Perfect for those situations where sexual tension can't be denied anymore and "You/we didn't die!" moments.
Grief/mourning and loss
Handjobs
Hurt/comfort (emotional or physical)
Intimate touches: Can be sexual or romantic, but certainly doesn't have to be. Can be a gesture between two people both aware or from one person directed at somebody who is for some reason unconscious (definitely not sexual in this instance).
Kissing: First kisses, lazy kisses, hungry kisses. Kisses on the lips, neck, ears, everywhere, I just love kisses.
Learning new things about other people: Maybe it's a skill or an interest that the other person doesn't normally broadcast, a bit of history no one else knows, or maybe somehow a front row seat to someone's inner thoughts/feelings has been acquired (preferably through means that could exist in the canon, not "this is just how the world is in this fic!").
Light bondage: I'm down with hands being tied or cuffed to a bed or being tied to a chair, but I don't need detailed knots and ropes every which way. And the turn on of bondage has less to do with the actual tying up or the sensation of the ropes and more to do with trust and mobility and the light frustration of being reliant 100 percent on someone else for an orgasm.
Memories and in media res
New relationships
Oral sex
Running hands through hair
Saving/looking out for each other
Shoulder/neck rubs: Another that can be sexual/romantic, but doesn't have to be.
Switching perspectives between scenes: Not a request but it won't bother me if you do this.
Teamwork
Touch-starved: I'm not a fan of someone violently recoiling from a touch, but I love the idea of a character who maybe didn't even really realize they were missing anything until they get a little honest affection that might not even seem like much to the person giving it. But for the person receiving it, it's like finally having air when they've been breathing through a straw, and they just melt into it. Also, when I was very young, I might have imprinted hard on this scene from Powder that I could only find dubbed today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXS1nDtuvnA
A/B/O
Bodily functions: Of the bathroom variety.
BDSM
"The Care and Feeding of-": I really hate this idea that characters can't take care of themselves and need reminded to eat and dragged off to bed for sleep or they have a cold, so now must be spoonfed their chicken soup. Bring someone a sandwich, sure. Stand there and admonish them until they eat it? Please, no.
"[Character] is a little shit" tag: Even if it is an accurate and in-character summation, something about that tag to describe it grinds my gears and negatively colors anything it touches. Please don't use it.
Comforting back rubs/"circles": For comfort while distraught, I much prefer a steady hand or a hug or something.
Coming out to a group: Totally on board with one-on-one, maybe two, just not "we've gathered the team/crew/class/family together for an announcement!"
D/s dynamics
Degradation
Detailed descriptions of anal prep
Different reality AUs: Canon divergent is fine, as most of the prompts will imply.
Established noncanon relationships: Getting there is half the fun. But I'll also make exceptions for stories that start with the relationship in progress but refer back to how it began.
First-person POV throughout
Hiding illness or injury: Not realizing they're sick/hurt or the severity of it is fine.
Jealousy
Misunderstandings: Particularly of the "A&B have been dancing around feelings for a while, but then A saw an out of context moment between B and someone else, misunderstood it and is now going to be all angsty and pissy about it." variety.
Public humiliation/embarrassment
Incest
Readerfic
Sexual violence
Sobbing breakdowns: I'm into angsty breakdowns and even some tears, but not wailing, hiccuping, snot everywhere breakdowns UNLESS the character in question is a child.
Smutty art: Sexual energy and making out is fine (for appropriate prompts) but keep everyone more or less clothed and not midfuck, please
Spanking/whipping/slapping/etc.
Spitting
Very verbal sex/excessive consent checks: Really, I don't care for a lot of dialogue at all during love scenes. Not to say you have to be all "Here is a sex scene and no words shall pass these characters' lips!" about it, but I just don't enjoy explanations of what's going to be done or what someone wants to do to the other, or is it OK to do XYZ.
A Steve Harrington note: All my Steve H. (Stranger Things) pairings are with It (2017) and operate under the idea that after Hawkins, Steve decided to be a teacher/coach and wound up in Maine and is in his first year of teaching in Derry in 1989. Also, can we just pretend like Mike Wheeler and Richie Tozier aren't little doppelgangers?
Gym class: You know how sometimes a person might *want* to do something, but they're uncertain about it or self-conscious (or afraid) so it looks like they're not really trying? I kind of think that's how Eddie would be about gym class. From a health and wellness perspective, he knows physical activity is good for him and maybe he kind of even doesn't hate some of the sports and games they play, but between asthma and his mom and his bullies he never really blossoms. And then comes Steve Harrington, who sees through everything, and like he knows he'll never turn Eddie Kaspbrak into a star athlete, but if he can give the kid a little more confidence to get through class and life, he's going to take an interest.
Derry's only good adult?: I still want Steve to be the gym teacher reaching out to Eddie and encouraging Ben to try a sport. I want him to be the guy who's there for Bill because he became friends with Jonathan and realized just how it felt for him when Will was missing. I want him to be a little annoyed by Richie and protective of Bev and interested in who that home-school kid they all hang out with is, because he's noticed the seven of them have a bond that's different from other cliques but still feels eerily familiar. I want him to have no patience for the Bowers gang.
And mostly I want to know just what tool he flips around from hand to hand before bashing a Pennywise projection in the head, tossing his Losers into the van he bought on the cheap and running the fuck away from wherever they are that Pennywise is and how he reacts to learning about all this Derry bullshit.
Seeing the monster: Maybe it's got something to do with everything he saw in Hawkins. Maybe it's something else, but for whatever reason, Steve can see Pennywise and the things it does. What does he see? What does Pennywise think of this random grown-up who can see him, when he's been exclusively the terror of the pre-teen sect for centuries?
Family relations: So, I'm kind of hung up on this idea that Bucky, thinking he's doing a good thing, secretly pays for Steve's first time and then pays for her to go away when she gets pregnant. But regardless of how she came into or left Steve's life, they obviously weren't together by the beginning Captain America but here we are sometime in the 21st century and now he's got two young adult great-grandkids who happen to have super powers knocking on his door. I want to explore THAT idea, with Steve probably being devastated about the family he didn't know he'd left behind but also happy to have those ties, and Johnny just being pissed because by now Steve's been awake for years and he didn't think to look for anybody? (And maybe it also took the Storms some time to put the pieces together). Sue just wants to mediate and get to know her great-grandfather and introduce him to Reed, but I also like the idea that the impetus for them being there is that she's sick and they think some combination of the serum and their shared DNA will help find a cure.
Hurt/Comfort: I really love the way Oliver and Quentin grew over the course of the series. They started in such a bad place but ended in such a good one, and I really just want something from the more positive years with Quentin helping Oliver through a bad time. Physically or emotionally. Maybe he's been really hurt and can't get to a hospital. Maybe it's Moira's birthday and her loss is hitting him hard this year. Maybe it's those early struggles with William. Could be anything really, but I prefer just the two of them and to not have drunkenness be a factor.
Pining: I am totally here for Ralph pining for Caitlin, even though he totally blew off what might have maybe potentially been a kiss one time. Maybe he was just protecting himself! But he was just so invested in helping her get Frost back and they spent so much time together and I just want it to mean more.
WingFrosty: I also really like the idea that Ralph wants to be with Caitlin and he wants to be besties with Frost. And I really like the idea of her picking up on Ralph's feelings (maybe even before Ralph!), and making it her mission to help him. And while this might normally fall under something a little too dubconny for Caitlin's body to me (and maybe only just *barely* fits the tag), I kind of like the idea that Ralph is surprisingly nervous about being physical with Caitlin (probably after he's made a move and they've decided to go on a date or two) and Frost talks him into some "we're friends and this means nothing" practice with pointers.
Time on Earth: One of the most disappointing things about Endgame to me was that we got those amazing spaceship moments between Tony and Nebula and then ... nothing once they're on Earth. And the only way I can reconcile what looks an awful lot like him abandoning her is if she's the one who gives him the nudge/"permission" to leave and go find happiness wherever and however he can with Pepper. Maybe explore that. Or him introducing her to what's left of the world. Or their reunion as they all come back to plan the time heist.
Young & Old: I feel like 21st Century Steve will always love Peggy to the moon but by the time he's unfrozen and she's geriatric their romance would shift to a deep, loving friendship . What do they talk about in her lucid periods? What's it like for either of them when she suddenly thinks she's seeing him again for the first time after all these years (which may or may not be the complete distance between 1945 and 2014 in her head)?
Note: The & prompt could also be taken into / territory if desired.
Endgame's 5-year gap: I kind of see them being largely alone together at the compound, maybe a little sad and a lot lonely and kind of jaded until one night they just explode with a scorching hot desk/counter/table-clearing release of sexual tension. Maybe Steve comes to his senses before it progresses too far but they kind of talk themselves into a friends with benefits situation. And when they make it to the bedroom it's a much slower, tender experience for their first time together. Bonus points if Nat - who once asked if their Winter Soldier kiss was his first since 1945 - is rendered utterly speechless as he eats her out like a champ.
But I also like the idea that they're not endgame (if you'll pardon that pun). Maybe what starts out as finding comfort with each other in this fucked up new world becomes something that holds both of them back as Nat can't let go of trying to hold the universe together and Steve wants to try to move on (not that he ever really can, but he wants to try) and so they get more physically distant and eventually stop sleeping together, but by then their emotional bond has grown to something greater than anyone expected.
Undercover/Fake relationship: For SHIELD spy reasons they have to go undercover in the suburbs (maybe part of Steve's cover is that he's always mistaken for Cap or maybe it doesn't matter at all) and along the way they learn unexpected things/vulnerabilities/insecurities/cliches or have living-together shenanigans of your choice.
First 21st century romance: In Winter Soldier, Steve tells Nat "That was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm old, not dead," and I've wanted to know more about that kiss ever since. I'd really like Steve to just have a completely unexpected normal meet-cute with someone who doesn't have anything to do with the superhero/SHIELD business. Someone who helps ease his transition into the new world. Maybe he's who suggests Steve's list. Pretty free rein on this character -- he could be anybody in their 20s in New York or DC. A young veteran. A creative type grinding out a living. A law student. A veterinarian. An activist or social worker, IDK. Just somebody Steve can be happy with in an inconspicuous relationship before they both realize they want incompatible things in life and neither wants to hold the other back so they amicably split in time for Steve to be awkwardly single in Cap 2. Just, be gentle and caring with a Steve who may privately still be in a dark place after waking up in the 21st century without anything or anyone from his old life. This can be pre-Avengers, but I also like the idea of it being post-Avengers, with the added layer of drama where he's got these new friends who he's getting closer to, but when it comes to sexuality and all that 70-years-later loss, he's still very guarded (and very good at keeping his secrets).
21st century life support: If I had my wish, I'd stretch the timeline between Steve and Sam meeting and all the HydraSHIELD stuff out by several months. Because I really like the idea of them becoming friends. Maybe they go from people who work out at the same time to workout buddies to reccers of music and movies. I also like the idea of Steve going to some of Sam's veteran support groups and they kind of learn that even though their wars are separated by 50/60/70 years, a lot of the demons are the same.
Pairing specific preference: Should penetrative sex be an element, I'm absolutely here for switching, but if there's only one go-round, I generally prefer Top Steve/Bottom Tony. (Steve can give all the blowjobs he wants, though.)
Fake out/make out: On some sort of mission that needs something a little more subtle than a red and gold suit of armor and giant spangly shield and cowl, Steve & Tony are infiltrating some event in, let's say France, to steal a macguffin but doing it very badly. Cornered in an office or something, Steve can hear security approaching, and his solution is just to push Tony against a wall, turn off comms and give him a half second's warning before going all in on making out and being handsy. And when security busts in, he never really stops being flirty, he just inconspicuously blocks the more recognizable Tony from view while talking with them in *perfect* French about how they haven't seen or heard anything, he's just been here with his shy American friend. And if you really want to blow Tony's mind, his shy American friend who isn't paying for an audience.(NOTE: I only speak English, so italics to designate another language or the actual language with footnote translations are fine.) If this doesn't work, maybe they're resigned to having a fight when backup in the form of stealthy Clint and Nat arrive to take out the guards. But if it works, maybe between the accent, the language and the really good kissing, it left Tony hard and it takes a minute before they can leave and then they're BOTH apologetic to each other about the things they couldn't help doing. But regardless they go back home and everything's fine except...
Subconscious attraction: Something dramatic has happened in the field and all of a sudden Tony can't stop thinking about Steve. He's not actively trying to, he's just got no power over these shower fantasies and dreams that have taken a decidedly pro-'America' stance, and it's starting to affect the way he looks at Steve in real life.
Light bondage/Kink experimentation: This is one of those cases where I'm generally not into established relationships, but I'll make an exception for a new relationship that makes note of its newness in the narrative. Maybe Tony flat out kinks on being restrained but Steve is hesitant about having so much power over him until he realizes just how good he is at getting Tony off and likes that feeling. Maybe Steve likes the challenge of being restrained and trying not to break free while Tony works him over. DNW EXCEPTIONS: While I still don't want spanking/whips/etc., I'm kind of warming up to a headcanon that the serum leaves Steve just a little bit numb and maybe something that starts as an accident one time later turns into experimenting with pain just to feel more. Rope burns, bites, choking breathplay, shallow cutting, rough bottoming. You could also substitute breathplay - or arc reactor play - for bondage as a kink that Tony's into having done and Steve is very reluctant about.
Pairing specific note: Some of these *could* also slot into developing Steve/Tony
"I can relate": 2012 Steve is morose about not fitting in with the world; Tony can relate from childhood/early college experiences.
Bad mission/injuries: They (duo or the team) barely escape a mission built on bad intel. From there I could see it going one of two ways: 1. Steve is PISSED and reading SHIELD brass the riot act over comms and it's only when blood starts to spit out onto the controls that they realize how badly he's hurt. After patching him up, Tony watches over Steve while he rests, particularly angsty if Steve got hurt for him. 2. They make it to the jet and Tony hurries to the flight controls to get them out of there. Steve follows behind slowly and once they're in the air says Tony's name once before collapsing, leaving just Tony to both get to a safe space and tend to Steve's wounds as he bleeds out all over the deck.
Haunted pasts: Maybe tower fic where Steve's having nightmares about losing Bucky (or Howard or Peggy, because nightmares don't have to be trufax) or drowning/freezing and Tony is certainly qualified to understand traumatic experiences and offer comfort when they find each other roaming the halls or visiting the kitchen. (Also, I kind of headcanon that Steve HATES the cold and it takes Tony a ridiculously long time and who knows how many Capsicle jokes for Tony to twig to why. Not that Steve's bothered by Tony's jokes, because he's not that delicate of a flower, but still.)
A note on art: I'd be happy with any art inspired by any of these prompts, though I only have art-specific semi-useful suggestions for one.I'm not picky on style.
Training the Spider-Kid: Not gonna lie, I spent a chunk of this movie disappointed that Miles wouldn't get to learn from a very eager to teach Peter. I came around to Peter B., but I still lament what could have been. So, let's explore that in a canon divergence. What's it like for Peter to meet someone who's like him? What are his fears for Miles? Peter has to have a unique perspective when it comes to swinging into danger at such a young age, so I don't think he'd be all "protect the baby!" about Miles, but there has to be some mistakes he'd like to help him avoid.
Family life: As Miles gets closer to Peter and MJ, how does he affect their view on starting a family of their own?
Parental interest: Continuiing from the above, learning to be a Spider-Man should probably take a little more time than it took in the movie, does the time he spends with Peter and MJ have any affect on his home life? Or ignoring the above, what if Miles' new behavior has not gone unnoticed even if his parents can't pin down the Spider-ness.
Contrast: I was struck by Miles' graffiti and just how colorful it was, especially in contrast to Noir's world of grays. Also, when you factor in that Noir seemed like an older Spider-Man and Miles is one of the youngest, it's just one more way that they're contrasted. Yet, despite that, for fic I really want to see them relate in some way. Something that plays with that idea for art would be nice. The only sort-of idea I had was maybe Miles hands Noir his Rubik's Cube and as he does so, the color just starts to bleed into Noir (or vice versa with Noir's grays bleeding into Miles).I'm not married to that, though. It's just an idea.
Young love and tragedy: Wes/Josh is such a weird pairing for me, because we never meet Joshua Albert. He's just a member of Wesley's flight squad who's killed when their squad leader convinces them to try a banned maneuver and Wesley's super sad about it (5.19 First Duty). But Wesley is SO sad and even has a sweater of Josh's to return to his mother that I can't help but think they had a little secret romance that no one else knew about and now Wesley is brokenhearted. I'd really just like to see anything about their relationship, whether it's pre-episode or after Josh's death.
Fighting over the future: So, I really didn't care for the whole "Wesley's a traveler who never really wanted to be in Starfleet, he just thought he should because Daddy Issues" plot thread (7.20 Journey's End). But, continuing from First Duty's consequences of having to repeat a year at the academy, what if he's miserable? Bored. Ostracized by his classmates. Unable to crawl out from under his guilt and his grief and becoming disillusioned with Starfleet. And when he seeks guidance, Riker encourages him to stick it out. He made his bed and once he's done lying in it for a little bit, things will get better. But Wesley doesn't believe it. He doesn't want it anymore. And when he quits, Riker is pissed, because the whole Enterprise crew invested so much into Wesley and how dare he waste their time. I think Riker would eventually come around, because he's not a bad man, but first there would be DRAMA.
Note: All the prompts kind of fit together because the long story short is I friendship Mike Banning & Ben Asher with a generous side of "used to bang" and "we're all family forever" for dessert.
College years: That very not funny "I was wondering when you were going to come out of the closet" joke in London Has Fallen just makes me want prequel fic where Mike/Ben were maybe not necessarily in love but they were definitely in a BFWB situation in college before Ben met his future wife and started leaning toward his political career and then they just became BFFS 4 LYFE (minus that one little hiccup mid Olympus Has Fallen).
Comfort amid grief: Shortly after Olympus when Mike is retaking his place with the Ashers, almost losing Connor opens up all Ben's grief about Maggie but this time he's clearheaded enough to not blame Mike for it and in a moment of sorrow he finds comfort again with Mike (totally with Mike's wife's blessing because she's awesome and in no way does she want to get in between the Ben and Mike train).
Wingman: Pre- and post-London Has Fallen stories where Mike is trying very hard to get Ben to think about dating again -- and not limiting himself to politically safe women. Maybe it's as his last term is winding down.